These are the suggested resources for Histology.
- Junqueira’s Basic Histology Text & Atlas – this book is the gold standard in the study of medical histology. The organization of the book is logical in that it starts with the cell and moves on to the basic types of tissues then eventually to the organ systems. A must read for people trying to understand the complexities of histology.
- Wheater’s Functional Histology – this book displays hundreds of large, labeled, high definition pictures on all tissue types.
- Color Atlas and Text of Histology by Leslie P. Gartner – If Junqueira’s Basic Histology Text & Atlas provides you with everything you need for histology, so does this book. This book lays out the basics and general tissue types before going through the organ-specific histology.
- Di Fiore’s Atlas of Histology with Functional Correlations, 13th Edition – this book provides a rich understanding of the basic histology concepts that medical and allied health students need to know. As an ebook, you can highlight, take notes and search in the book.
- Netter’s Histology Flash Cards – this histology reference material provides stunning illustrations and is an excellent way to do quick reviews.