-
Frances Eliza Fua posted an update 3 years, 1 month ago
Frances Eliza R. Fua
GE 10 – BBA Reflection on An Interview with Dr. Ben S. Malayang III, President, Silliman University
As a student, Dr. Ben S. Malayang III’s insights on whole person education resonate deeply with me. His definition, encompassing competence, character, and faith, encapsulates the holistic development I believe education should offer. Moreover, his emphasis on creating graduates with a higher capacity to learn, serve, and connect with their faith aligns with the broader goals of personal and societal growth. His idea of using accreditation systems to measure this progress is interesting, and I appreciate the United Board’s work in bringing Asian institutions together to promote this kind of education. But he also points out that changing how we teach can be hard. It reminds me that as a student, I too play a part in embracing and contributing to this transformative educational journey.
As I reflect on Dr. Malayang’s insights, I realize the importance of actively engaging in my own educational journey, seeking not only knowledge but also personal growth in character and values. This interview reminds me that as a student, I have the opportunity to contribute to the ethos of whole person education by embracing its principles and fostering a lifelong commitment to learning, service, and faith.
Whole Person Education: The Goals and the Challenges – United Board“Whole person education to me is an education that builds competence, builds character, and builds faith in God, together,” says Dr. Ben Malayang.
